Job Title: Helicopter News/Traffic Pilot – Entry Level
Salary: $40,000.00 per year / 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Temporary Full-time 1 year contract (Day, Early Morning, Evening, Flexible Hours, Night, On Call, Overtime, and Weekends)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are thrilled to offer an exceptional opportunity for an Entry-Level Helicopter News/Traffic Pilot at L R HELICOPTERS INC. As an aspiring pilot, you’ll be responsible for flying helicopters to provide timely news and traffic updates. This role is a perfect fit for individuals with a strong aviation background and a genuine passion for the field. Join our team, and you’ll have the chance to kickstart your aviation career while making a positive impact by delivering important information to the public. Embrace this exciting entry-level position and take flight with L R HELICOPTERS INC.
A helicopter pilot is responsible for operating a helicopter to transport passengers or crew. Specific duties of a Helicopter News/Traffic Pilot include but are not limited to:
- Comply with and maintain all aviation regulations, safety guidelines, company policies, and client requirements, staying up to date with any changes.
- Conduct pre-flight inspections of the helicopter, verifying its airworthiness and readiness for flight.
- Review and implement flight plans, coordinating with air traffic control and other pilots to ensure safe and efficient flights.
- Communicate effectively with passengers, crew, and professionals to ensure smooth flight operations.
- Operate the helicopter to capture video footage and provide traffic updates for news stories and media content.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of flights, flight and duty times, and maintenance activities.
- Respond to emergencies and handle unexpected situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Report any unsafe hazards, incidents, or accidents promptly to ensure the safety of the team and prevent further incidents.
- Participate in SMS (Safety Management System) & CRM (Crew Resource Management) meetings and pursue continuous education to improve pilot skills and knowledge.
- Thrive in high-pressure environments and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaborative skills to maintain a professional image within the organization.
- Be open to completing additional tasks assigned by management or the base lead pilot, which may include housekeeping and other duties as needed.
- Transport Canada Commercial Helicopter Pilot License
- Transport Canada Class 1 Medical
- Radio Operator License
- RH44 Rating
- Night Rating
- Flight Experience: A minimum of 110 total flight hours.
- Night Flying Experience: A minimum of 10 hours of night flight experience, including at least 5 hours as a helicopter pilot-in-command (PIC).
- Strong Communication Skills: Effective verbal and written communication abilities to interact with air traffic control, media personnel, and other pilots during flights and reporting.
- Skills: Completion of a reputable helicopter pilot training program, gaining a solid foundation in aviation principles, flight maneuvers, and safety procedures.
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Skills: The ability to identify potential issues, assess risk, and make sound decisions under pressure to ensure safety.
- Organizational Skills: Efficiently managing flight schedules, adhering to deadlines, and prioritizing tasks during busy news and traffic reporting scenarios.
- Adaptability: Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to handle dynamic weather conditions, last-minute schedule changes, and breaking news situations.
- Willing to relocate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Criminal record check.
- Drug and Alcohol Test
- Health benefits, Dental plan, and Disability benefits.
How to Apply
Please include proof of the requested certifications in your application.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 403-286-4601 or email@example.com.